Monday, November 03, 2008

Elegant F!@# You Clothes



I know enough real-life Gordon Gekkos to grasp the concept of f!@# you clothes. Indeed, if clothes are cursing at me, I endure a sartorial reaming every time I board the elevator in my building. The pocket square is, in my opinion, the most offensive male accessory (although the offensiveness is limited to a business setting - pocket squares are less haughty when worn socially). The pocket square a bitch slap of condescension and, as far as non-verbal insults go, it's practically on par with the middle finger. Suspenders or "braces" are a close second.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Big Thunder said...

I actually quite like a simple white pocket square. I agree that braces are somewhat crappy, but in my mind the ultimate of the F you clothes would be the white collar and cuffs on a colored shirt. I think it is very tacky.

Incidentally, this forum has lots of great advice on male fashion:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=211480507e833725433a882644aad5c2&f=31

 

Post a Comment

<< Home