Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Introducing Law Puppy

As you can see, there's a new addition to the Law family. He's 100% English Bulldog. He's barely taller than the baseboard molding in my condo, but what he lacks in size, he makes up for in personality. He enjoys pooping on my hardwood floors, biting my feet and sleeping.

Last night he was glued to the TV as I flipped back and forth b/t Chuck, Heroes and Journeyman (NBC's New Fall Monday Night Lineup!) and the Giants-Falcons game. As a young puppy and a Giants fan, he took extra pleasure in their manhandling of Michael Vick's old team. The Giants are playing the Dolphins in London, England in 2 weeks. I think he'll enjoy the gratuitous shots of the old country at commercial breaks.

He doesn't have a name yet. The short list of names is currently:

  • Hudson (as in the river next to where he lives)
  • Samson (as in the strong man in the Bible and a nod to his muscular look)
  • Churchill (to celebrate his English heritage)

This list is subject to modification at any time at the caprices of my girlfriend. Other names in the running are Fitzgerald, Bentley, Winston, Brunswick, Maxwell. These names sound too pretentious somehow. Fitzgerald, Bentley and Winston have no connection to anything. The latter 2 names do have some meaning. My girlfriend was born in New Brunswick and the puppy's new home was built on the site of an old Maxwell House coffee plant. I still don't think they've got enough juice to crack the top 3.

I'll have more pictures and stories posted later this week.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Dave Law said...

Also, I nominate myself for "TGS Guy of Week" for falling into the classic relationship trap of buying a puppy for my girlfriend.

"Extended Warranty? How can I lose?" - Homer J. Simpson

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Big Swingin D said...

Where does the puppy live? With you or with girlfriend?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Furey said...

I'd name him Homer, it fits perfectly.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Craig said...

So what was the winning name?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home