Monday, February 12, 2007

Tribute Rappers

Last Saturday night was Dave Law's XXXth birthday (I'm still riding the SuperBowl wave so I'm sticking w/ roman numerals) and we celebrated in true Jersey fashion by crossing the river into NYC to see a Bruce Springsteen cover band - Bruce in the USA (not to be confused with The B Street Band). The show was fantastic and somewhere between my 5th Michelob Ultra and 10th Birthday shot, I was struck with a brilliant business idea. I guess my inner-entrepreneur doesn't drink as much as I do. It occurred to me that we just don't see rap tribute "bands" or impersonators!

How could a road show featuring Tupac and Biggie impersonators fail?

What could possibly go wrong?

I have supreme confidence in my ability to sell such an act in New York, Vegas, and South Beach. So, next month TGS will be holding open auditions, American Idol-style (I get to be Simon), to cast this act.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Big Thunder said...

I think you've made a huge mistake.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Dave Law said...

you're just saying that b/c you wanted to be simon and now you have to pick b/t randy and paula

 

Post a Comment

<< Home