Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Are You Ready for Some Football?

Some quick thoughts on Monday Night Football:

  • The format of the broadcast is more like a talk-show than football coverage.

  • I haven't watched a whole lot of MNF this year b/c I'm lame and go to sleep early, but since the G-men were playing the Cowboys last night, I pushed my bedtime back a few hours. What I saw last night disgusted me.
  • What the hell was Hank Williams Jr doing in the booth? That segment sucked!
  • Sideline reporters are idiots who add absolutely no value to a broadcast. If you have to have them there, they might as well be hot. Michelle Tafoya and Suzy Kohlber are not Melissa Stark and Lisa Gurrerro. And we all know what kind of mischief Melissa Stark got herself into during college.
  • The whole pace of the broadcast stunk. ESPN kept broadcasting camera shots of the booth crew/sideline reporters and only cut to the field a second before the ball was snapped. Terrible timing. ESPN did an awful job with what was a great game last night. I hope that's not how all MNF broadcasts have been this year.
  • Even after the cameras were squarely focussed on the field, the idiot broadcasters (as the play-by-play guy, Mike Tirico is mostly to blame for this) would continue their retarded banter and not call the friken game! Then Tirico have to catch-up with the play-by-play.
  • Now that the Giants game against the Bears has been moved to Sunday night on Nov. 12th , I hope NBC can do a better job with the broadcast than ESPN. At least they only have 2 booth announcers. Unfortunately, one is Madden.
  • Go Giants!

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Big Thunder said...

I hate to say, but I can't even comment on MNF. For the year, I've watched about 20 minutes of a Monday game, the end of this past Monday's game. And I had it on mute, because it was pretty much over. I forgot about the new announcing team.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home